"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- White House fence jumper detained
- Donald Trump denies mocking reporter's disability
- Obama calls troops, offers refugees welcome on Thanksgiving
- Political Prediction market: Rubio leads, Cruz rises
- Obama family serves Thanksgiving dinner to homeless and vets
- 2016 candidates: Yes, Chicago cop should face charges