"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- What we know about Trump's immigration plans
- Clinton Foundation official plays defense over accusations
- AP's Kathleen Carroll defends Clinton investigation
- Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath'
- Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns
- Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration