"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- Trump on Khizr Kahn's speech: 'I'd like to hear his wife say something'
- Mark Cuban endorses Hillary Clinton
- Charles Koch frets about America turning to politicians in dark times
- Charges dropped in Chandra Levy murder
- FBI turns over thousands of Clinton documents to State Department
- Clinton tries to wrestle change candidate mantle from Trump in Pennsylvania