"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- Hillary Clinton calls fake news 'an epidemic'
- Trump taps CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. as labor secretary
- Carter visits Afghanistan with Trump in the wings
- Trump on economy: 'Buy American, hire American'
- Two Ohio bills restricting abortions await Gov. Kasich's signature
- Thomas temporarily stays execution of death row inmate
- Cape Town Sevens: Will South Africa's 'bridesmaids' catch rugby's bouquet?
- Report: 1,000 Russian athletes benefited from 'state-sponsored doping'
- 83 suspects involved in UK football sex abuse inquiry
- FIFA facing legal action over Qatar's migrant workers
- Has golf just got easier? 'Dustin Johnson rule' changed