"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- Ex-Pennsylvania AG sentenced to prison, probation
- Clinton leads by 5 heading in to final two weeks
- US elections: Russian request to monitor vote gets a 'nyet'
- The tumultuous 2016 campaign is in a sudden limbo
- American vigilante hacker sends Russia a warning
- Clinton looking past Trump to transition planning
National News From CNN
- Manhunt underway for Okla. shooting suspect
- California Guard vets must repay millions in bonuses
- 13 people killed when California tour bus hits truck
- Calais 'Jungle': France begins clearing migrant camp
- Adnan Syed, subject of 'Serial' podcast, wants out on bail
- Battle for Mosul: How ISIS is fighting back