"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
- Political Prediction Market: Marco Rubio leads
- Biden supporters launch TV national ad
- Ex-U.N. leader charged in alleged bribery scheme
- Trump, Clinton lead in swing state polling
- Employees at company working with Clinton email server expressed concerns
- Democratic senators to Biden: Gloves will come off