"I thought life would be better after the recession. Not worse."
--John Smith, unemployed construction worker
"These amendments may very likely duck the House's specific definition of what constitutes an earmark, but that doesn't mean it's not pork.
--Leslie Paige of Citizens Against Government Waste
"Folks are beyond homeless here. Their homes don't exist ... the power and destruction here was unimaginable."
--Missouri Gov. Jay Dixon following a devastating tornado that killed more than 150 people.
""There's a lot of things happening that can change the dynamic of this race from the past. So it will certainly be interesting to see."
--former Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneve on the Indy 500.
National News From CNN
- Man wielding machete injures 4 in restaurant attack
- Magnitude-6.5 earthquake hits Indonesian island
- Nicole Lovell's death was plotted at a restaurant, official says
- Mom of Columbine killer gives first TV interview
- Pope Francis, head of Russian Orthodox Church to meet
- 49 dead in riot at Mexico's Topo Chico prison