LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Additional parking is coming to La Crosse's downtown.
Levels four and five on the Riverside Parking Ramp will be available for use in about a week. Construction of the additional levels began mid- June of last year.
The ramp on Jay and Second Streets will add between 200 and 300 parking spaces for those in the downtown area.
"Things get kind of crazy downtown, they do, and with LHI adding employees constantly it'll be nice, it'll give us a little extra relief,” said La Crosse Parking Utility Coordinator Jim Flottmeyer.
A sixth level on the Riverside Parking Ramp is being added, but city parking officials are not yet sure when it will be completed.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater
- Uncertainty reigns ahead of new health care sign-up period
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Packers QB Brett Hundley prepares for 1st NFL start
- Enchanted Forest returns to Myrick Park this weekend
- Lilmose kicks Hillsboro to postseason berth
- News 8 Sports Round Up - October 18, 2017
- Asian lady beetles, box elders look to move in as temperatures cool