1. Why do you want to be Mayor?
I believe that I can make a difference and I will devote as much time as possible to make that happen.
2. What experience do you have that makes you qualified to be Mayor?
I have been on the council for 4 years have been a small business owner for 12 years and spent 25 years in management in the private sector.
3. What are your long term goals for the City of La Crosse?
Public safety; our Police and Fire Departments need to be brought back to full strength.
Economic Development; we need to continue to bring in good jobs while retaining the ones we have.
Stability at City Hall; we need to ensure a positive work environment for our City employees.18538386
4. What are your long term goals for the City of La Crosse?
We need to continue to enhance the natural beauty of the La Crosse area. Our City parks, trail systems, bluffs, and water ways need to be maintained at their highest levels to continue bringing people to this area.
Continuing to focus on economic development to generate job growth.
Collaboration with local governments to create financial efficiencies.
5. The current Mayor and the City Council have had disagreements about several City issues lately, if elected Mayor, what will you do to work with the City Council?
The Mayor needs to be more vocal with the council and express his/her concerns before bringing vetoing issues.
I have a proven track record of effectively working with all council members through collaboration and standing behind my beliefs while working for my constituents.
6. How will you balance the City budget?
We need to continue to find more efficient practices within departments by collaborating with department heads and local governments.
7. Are you in favor of raising property taxes?
I believe that we can find enough efficiencies to pay for any increases.
8. How long have you lived La Crosse?
11 years in La Crosse and all of my life in the La Crosse area except for 4 and 1/2 years in the military.
9. What do you like most and least about living in La Crosse?
Most: The abundance of activities available to experience in our region's natural beauty which is enhanced by the four seasons.
Least: High taxes.
10. Tell us about your family.
My wife and I have four children and one granddaughter. We own and operate a small business, The Sports Nut.
I am a Navy Veteran, devoted Family Man, and Small Business Owner.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US