LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Children's Museum of La Crosse is already more than halfway to a big fundraising goal.
As announced last week, the museum is looking to raise $2 million for upgrades to the facility, including new exhibits and a rooftop play patio.
"We know the importance of play, and almost everybody does. It's almost common sense that children learn by doing, but I think we need to be reminded of that, and we want to thank the folks that have gotten the museum to this point," said executive director Anne Snow.
Monday night, museum held an official kickoff event for the campaign they're calling "Play It Forward," and announced they've already received $1.28 million in donations.
The campaign runs through April 4th.
If you'd like to donate, you can find more information on their website.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law