LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Children's Museum of La Crosse is already more than halfway to a big fundraising goal.
As announced last week, the museum is looking to raise $2 million for upgrades to the facility, including new exhibits and a rooftop play patio.
"We know the importance of play, and almost everybody does. It's almost common sense that children learn by doing, but I think we need to be reminded of that, and we want to thank the folks that have gotten the museum to this point," said executive director Anne Snow.
Monday night, museum held an official kickoff event for the campaign they're calling "Play It Forward," and announced they've already received $1.28 million in donations.
The campaign runs through April 4th.
If you'd like to donate, you can find more information on their website.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans