LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Children's Museum of La Crosse is already more than halfway to a big fundraising goal.
As announced last week, the museum is looking to raise $2 million for upgrades to the facility, including new exhibits and a rooftop play patio.
"We know the importance of play, and almost everybody does. It's almost common sense that children learn by doing, but I think we need to be reminded of that, and we want to thank the folks that have gotten the museum to this point," said executive director Anne Snow.
Monday night, museum held an official kickoff event for the campaign they're calling "Play It Forward," and announced they've already received $1.28 million in donations.
The campaign runs through April 4th.
If you'd like to donate, you can find more information on their website.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers