MADISON, WI (WKBT) - Wisconsin child care providers are receiving a bigger reimbursement bonus.
Starting Sunday, child care providers who have attained a four-star rating under the YoungStar quality rating and improvement system will be awarded a 10 percent bonus.
This represents the third targeted increase to the Wisconsin Shares child care subsidy since Governor Scott Walker lifted the rate freeze that was implemented in 2006.
In keeping with his vision of having every Wisconsin child start kindergarten ready to succeed in school, Walker fully funded a 25 percent increase for five-star providers and this 10 percent increase to four-star providers in his 2013-15 budget.23691038
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December