MADISON, WI (WKBT) - Wisconsin child care providers are receiving a bigger reimbursement bonus.
Starting Sunday, child care providers who have attained a four-star rating under the YoungStar quality rating and improvement system will be awarded a 10 percent bonus.
This represents the third targeted increase to the Wisconsin Shares child care subsidy since Governor Scott Walker lifted the rate freeze that was implemented in 2006.
In keeping with his vision of having every Wisconsin child start kindergarten ready to succeed in school, Walker fully funded a 25 percent increase for five-star providers and this 10 percent increase to four-star providers in his 2013-15 budget.23691038
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks