LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Members of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse are getting some help preparing for the new school year.
The club teamed up with the School District of La Crosse and La Crosse County to host a Back to School Fair at both of their La Crosse locations on Thursday.
The fair offered a one-stop-shop to check off the usual tasks before the new school year, like free immunizations, vision and dental exams and school supplies while giving families that might be struggling a helping hand.
"If they can pick up some supplies today at the club or get a free haircut or get a free health check, hopefully that's going to help with some other needs they have in their lives," said Boys and Girls Club Executive Director Jake Erickson.
This is the 4th year the Boys and Girls Club has worked with the school district and the county to put on the fair.
- La Crosse police use nonlethal force to subdue man with knife
- ‘Me too' trend highlights scope of sexual harassment, assault
- Assignment: Education - new computer science standards
- La Crosse food pantry against restricting FoodShare to healthier foods
- Wisconsin board to get update on Foxconn contract
- La Crosse, Trempealeau County SBA Disaster Loan deadline approaching
- Swastikas carved into new cars at Madison dealership
- Student leaders want say in University of Wisconsin merger
- Bill bars UW employees from working at Planned Parenthood
- Flu shot clinics opening this week