TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (WKBT) - Trempealeau police have recovered a body from the Trempealeau lock and dam this morning.
Police received a 911 call at around 7:50 a.m. Monday. The caller said they saw a body floating near a boat dock, according to Trempealeau police.
A middle-aged man was pulled from the Mississippi and no watercraft was in the area, police said.
The person has not been identified and the incident is under investigation.
- La Crosse police use nonlethal force to subdue man with knife
- ‘Me too' trend highlights scope of sexual harassment, assault
- Wisconsin board to get update on Foxconn contract
- La Crosse, Trempealeau County SBA Disaster Loan deadline approaching
- Bill bars UW employees from working at Planned Parenthood
- Flu shot clinics opening this week
- Tainted gasoline delivered to La Crosse, La Crescent, surrounding areas
- Student leaders want say in University of Wisconsin merger
- La Crosse food pantry against restricting FoodShare to healthier foods
- Governor says Minnesota will offer modest bid to Amazon