WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The body of a missing Winona State student was reportedly found Tuesday morning.
According to Winona Daily News, the Wabasha County Dive Rescue recovered the body of Chukwudi Benjamin Onyeaghala around 10 A.M.
A resident near Homer reported they had seen something in the river near their home around 9:15 A.M.
The body will be taken to the Olmsted County Medical Center for an autopsy.
According to the Winona County Sheriff's department, Onyeaghala was last seen on a security camera overlooking a university boat on the Winona Levee on Friday, October 7th.
The camera captured a brief moment of Onyeaghala walking down the side walk along the river around midnight.
A boat owner on the levee found two spots of blood on his boat Saturday morning, but authorities say they have no reason to believe foul play was involved in this case at this time.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation