WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The body of a missing Winona State student was reportedly found Tuesday morning.
According to Winona Daily News, the Wabasha County Dive Rescue recovered the body of Chukwudi Benjamin Onyeaghala around 10 A.M.
A resident near Homer reported they had seen something in the river near their home around 9:15 A.M.
The body will be taken to the Olmsted County Medical Center for an autopsy.
According to the Winona County Sheriff's department, Onyeaghala was last seen on a security camera overlooking a university boat on the Winona Levee on Friday, October 7th.
The camera captured a brief moment of Onyeaghala walking down the side walk along the river around midnight.
A boat owner on the levee found two spots of blood on his boat Saturday morning, but authorities say they have no reason to believe foul play was involved in this case at this time.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants