WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The body of a missing Winona State student was reportedly found Tuesday morning.
According to Winona Daily News, the Wabasha County Dive Rescue recovered the body of Chukwudi Benjamin Onyeaghala around 10 A.M.
A resident near Homer reported they had seen something in the river near their home around 9:15 A.M.
The body will be taken to the Olmsted County Medical Center for an autopsy.
According to the Winona County Sheriff's department, Onyeaghala was last seen on a security camera overlooking a university boat on the Winona Levee on Friday, October 7th.
The camera captured a brief moment of Onyeaghala walking down the side walk along the river around midnight.
A boat owner on the levee found two spots of blood on his boat Saturday morning, but authorities say they have no reason to believe foul play was involved in this case at this time.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death