EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities have located the Eau Claire man missing since April 28.
According to a media release, Derek J. Helgeson's body was located in a densely wooded area south of County B in the town of Drammen on May 10 at 11:30 a.m.
Helgeson's disappearance was being investigated as suspicious because it was uncharacteristic of him to leave abruptly without notifying his family and due to the remote location of his car, authorities said.
The Eau Claire County Sheriff and Police Departments conducted an investigation that determined Helgeson's death is not suspicious and the public is not in danger.
PREVIOUS: Helgeson was reported missing to the Eau Claire Police Department on April 30, 2017. His unoccupied vehicle was found in a rural area south of Eau Claire.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently