EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities have located the Eau Claire man missing since April 28.
According to a media release, Derek J. Helgeson's body was located in a densely wooded area south of County B in the town of Drammen on May 10 at 11:30 a.m.
Helgeson's disappearance was being investigated as suspicious because it was uncharacteristic of him to leave abruptly without notifying his family and due to the remote location of his car, authorities said.
The Eau Claire County Sheriff and Police Departments conducted an investigation that determined Helgeson's death is not suspicious and the public is not in danger.
PREVIOUS: Helgeson was reported missing to the Eau Claire Police Department on April 30, 2017. His unoccupied vehicle was found in a rural area south of Eau Claire.
- Arcadia flooding evacuates homes, keeps thousands of employees from work
- Ontario suffers serious damage after heavy rain
- STORM DAMAGE REPORTS
- Red Cross opening shelters in four locations
- July 19/20 Storm Pictures
- La Crosse Parks & Rec close all city trails
- Gundersen Blair Clinic is closed today
- Severe storms cause extensive damage
- Storm damage destroys historical plane in Prairie Du Chien
- Destruction after EF-1 tornado rips through McGregor, Iowa