LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic in La Crosse had a special visitor Thursday.
Bernie Brewer, the mascot for the Milwaukee Brewers, visited kids in the hospital.
Bernie's visit was part of the kickoff for the La Crosse Area Day at Miller Park in June.
For the last 20 years, the event has brought La Crosse residents to Miller Park for a Brewer game.
Organizers say Bernie was able to brighten the spirits of those suffering from illnesses.
"I think it's a great thing to see people just get into a different mood. And I think it just helps the spirit if you're in the hospital, I think it's a good thing," said Michelle Hoch of the La Crosse County Convention and Visitor Bureau.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently