LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic in La Crosse had a special visitor Thursday.
Bernie Brewer, the mascot for the Milwaukee Brewers, visited kids in the hospital.
Bernie's visit was part of the kickoff for the La Crosse Area Day at Miller Park in June.
For the last 20 years, the event has brought La Crosse residents to Miller Park for a Brewer game.
Organizers say Bernie was able to brighten the spirits of those suffering from illnesses.
"I think it's a great thing to see people just get into a different mood. And I think it just helps the spirit if you're in the hospital, I think it's a good thing," said Michelle Hoch of the La Crosse County Convention and Visitor Bureau.
- Arcadia flooding evacuates homes, keeps thousands of employees from work
- Ontario suffers serious damage after heavy rain
- STORM DAMAGE REPORTS
- Red Cross opening shelters in four locations
- July 19/20 Storm Pictures
- La Crosse Parks & Rec close all city trails
- Gundersen Blair Clinic is closed today
- Severe storms cause extensive damage
- Storm damage destroys historical plane in Prairie Du Chien
- Destruction after EF-1 tornado rips through McGregor, Iowa