Authorities say the man fatally shot by a Ramsey County sheriff's deputy in Vadnais Heights had struggled with officers and disarmed one of them.
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says four deputies entered a suspicious RV after talking with the driver last Sunday night. Two deputies used their stun guns after a struggle started with the driver, identified as 47-year-old Darren Jahnke.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports Jahnke was able to disarm one of the deputies and another deputy shot Jahnke.
The BCA says the deputies were not wearing body cameras. Video from the deputies' squad cars is being analyzed.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US