LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new book was published by an area third grade class.
Third graders at Crucifixion elementary school in La Crescent wrote and published a book called 'Third Grade Fiction Fun.'
Their teacher says the students are very creative storytellers and she wanted to take their writing to the next level by collecting and publishing a book of their stories.
The school ordered a book publishing kit and structured an assignment around the book.
On Friday afternoon, the class held a release party for the book.
Their teacher says it gave the students some important life experience.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017