LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new book was published by an area third grade class.
Third graders at Crucifixion elementary school in La Crescent wrote and published a book called 'Third Grade Fiction Fun.'
Their teacher says the students are very creative storytellers and she wanted to take their writing to the next level by collecting and publishing a book of their stories.
The school ordered a book publishing kit and structured an assignment around the book.
On Friday afternoon, the class held a release party for the book.
Their teacher says it gave the students some important life experience.
- Officer, 3 others die in Wisconsin shootings
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting