LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new book was published by an area third grade class.
Third graders at Crucifixion elementary school in La Crescent wrote and published a book called 'Third Grade Fiction Fun.'
Their teacher says the students are very creative storytellers and she wanted to take their writing to the next level by collecting and publishing a book of their stories.
The school ordered a book publishing kit and structured an assignment around the book.
On Friday afternoon, the class held a release party for the book.
Their teacher says it gave the students some important life experience.
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota
- La Crescent High School students recognized for effort to make roads safer