LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE: Authorities identified the driver of the SUV that crashed into the Econo Lodge early Sunday.
According to the police report, Jennifer Kasch, 29, was reaching for a piece of gum in her purse when she lost control of her vehicle and crashed into the hotel Sunday morning. Kasch disputes that and says she told her passenger to get some gum in her purse.
Kasch is cited for failure to keep a vehicle under control and inattentive driving, according to police.
2/19/2017: Guests at the Econo Lodge in La Crosse had a rude awakening Sunday morning.
According to The La Crosse Fire Department, around 8:00 a.m., a driver lost control of their Jeep Liberty and ran into the Econo Lodge on Rose Street.
The driver nearly drove into the hotel’s hot tub, which no one was using at the time.
No one was hurt and the totaled vehicle was removed from the building.
- La Crosse police use nonlethal force to subdue man with knife
- ‘Me too' trend highlights scope of sexual harassment, assault
- Assignment: Education - new computer science standards
- La Crosse food pantry against restricting FoodShare to healthier foods
- Wisconsin board to get update on Foxconn contract
- La Crosse, Trempealeau County SBA Disaster Loan deadline approaching
- Swastikas carved into new cars at Madison dealership
- Student leaders want say in University of Wisconsin merger
- Bill bars UW employees from working at Planned Parenthood
- Flu shot clinics opening this week