LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - - Wednesday November 8th was signing day, and a number of area high school athletes committed to playing another four years at a higher level. Another area swimmer has joined those signings by committing to Mankato.
Anja Enervold signed her letter of intent nearly a week after signing day. The reason she didn't sign at the same time as her classmates?
Anja is homeschooled.
But Enervold hasn't let that slow her down in the pool. Anja swims for the YMCA Wave. And for the second straight year, she has qualified for the YMCA's national short course meet in four events.
"It feels really good (to sign the letter)," said Enervold. "I'm excited to spend the next chapter of my life at Mankato. I know both the coaches there, and I know I'll really be able to grow as both an athlete and a person under them."
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire