WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Newly unsealed court documents in the case of a 16-year-old girl who was starved to death say medics discovered her in an adult diaper lying on a bare floor.
A police affidavit says it appeared Natalie Finn had been on the floor of her mother's home "in her own waste for some time."
The girl's parents, 46-year-old Joseph Finn and 42-year-old Nicole Finn, are facing charges of kidnapping, neglect or abandonment and child endangerment in her death and the suspected abuse of two of Natalie's siblings. Nicole Finn is also charged with first-degree murder.
A medical examiner found that the girl died from denial of critical care. Prosecutors say she was starved and tortured by her parents.
- University of Wisconsin, DNR and K-12 schools in spotlight
- Democrat Cullen won't run for governor
- Four arrested in La Crosse on drug charges
- Police investigate threat at Westby Middle School
- Train derailment in Prairie du Chien late Wednesday
- The Latest: DNR secretary defends eliminating magazine
- Wisconsin closer to calling for constitutional convention
- Wisconsin lawmakers offer differing views of youth prison
- Access to crime database stirs debate in Minneapolis
- Unlicensed service cuts down city-owned trees in St. Paul