LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A fatal accident on I-90 shut down the westbound lanes Sunday afternoon.
The accident happened around 12:40 p.m. near Exit 2 on French Island. According to a police report of the incident, a woman had stopped her vehicle on the shoulder of the interstate and exited her vehicle when she was struck by a passing motorhome.
She managed to recover from the contact, but was then struck a second time by a passing truck towing a camper trailer. The second crash was fatal.
The incident is still under investigation. The woman's name is not being released at this time.
The Wisconsin State Patrol responded to the incident, assisted by the Onalaska Police Department, La Crosse County Sheriff's Department, Town of Campbell Police Department, and La Crosse County Coroner's Office.
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Wisconsin National Guard squadron welcomed home after landing in Volk Field
- Grant allows school reading program to continue, expand
- Legislators to take comments on relaxing air pollution rules
- Past SNL performers, staff sign statement supporting Franken
- Minn. turkeys seeking Thanksgiving pardon must strut stuff
- Community weighs in on improvement projects in La Crescent
- Winona County, conservation groups celebrate decision to uphold frac sand ban
- Gubernatorial candidate Mitchell makes campaign stop in La Crosse