Gov. Scott Walker is promising a daily update on issues he's considering as he decides whether to grant the Menominee Nation's plans for an off-reservation casino in Kenosha.
Walker planned to make a decision last week but announced on Friday he would give himself more time. He said in a statement Monday that the Menominee gave him volumes of information on the project and wants to review it thoroughly. He says he'll announce the issues he's considering in a daily email to the public.
On Monday he said he asked the Department of Administration to find out whether anyone is planning to open a new casino in Illinois if the Kenosha facility falls through. The agency says no tribal applications are pending with federal officials for any Illinois facilities.