(CNN) -- "The acquittal of George Zimmerman is a slap in the face to the American people but it is only the first round in the pursuit of justice," said the Rev. Al Sharpton. "We intend to ask the Department of Justice to move forward as they did in the Rodney King case and we will closely monitor the civil case against Mr. Zimmerman. I will convene an emergency call with preachers tonight to discuss next steps. And intend to head to Florida in the next few days."
National And World News
- 12 bombs rock Baghdad
- Heart cancels SeaWorld show
- Jenni Rivera plane crash probe still ongoing
- Security pact a topic in Hagel's Afghan trip
- Israeli president on meeting Rouhani : Why not?
- Nelson Mandela: The ultimate male feminist?
- Police: Newlyweds lure man for thrill killing
- NASA shares image of massive 'Hexagon'
- Sheriff says no to lowering flag for Mandela