(CNN) -- President Barack Obama on Tuesday condemned North Korea's latest nuclear test, calling it "a highly provocative act" that violates multiple U.N. resolutions. "North Korea's nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs constitute a threat to U.S. national security and to international peace and security," Obama said in a statement. "These provocations do not make North Korea more secure," he added. He called for "further swift and credible action by the international community."
National And World News
- Lawmakers concerned over Iranian enrichment
- Mandela family: 'He will always be with us'
- Lenin statue toppled in Ukraine
- American, US Air merger a go
- Police: 3 freed, 2 arrested in British slavery bust
- Heart cancels SeaWorld show
- Sheriff says no to lowering flag for Mandela
- 12 bombs rock Baghdad
- Jenni Rivera plane crash probe still ongoing