(CNN) -- The Syrian National Coalition -- the principal opposition group battling the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad -- has changed its position and will attend an international meeting this week in Rome focused on the Syrian crisis, the coalition's leader Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib announced Monday on Facebook. The group earlier said it would not attend the meeting.
National And World News
- Missing family of 6 found in Nevada
- Winter weather snarls travel plans
- Deep freeze fails to deter Ukraine protesters
- Uruguay's Senate approves legalizing pot
- Feds indict 18 Los Angeles County deputies
- Ryan says budget negotiators close to deal
- Obama shakes hands with Raul Castro
- Senate enforces 'nuclear option,' OKs judge
- Train wreck raises questions about 'alerter'