(CNN) -- The Syrian National Coalition -- the principal opposition group battling the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad -- has changed its position and will attend an international meeting this week in Rome focused on the Syrian crisis, the coalition's leader Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib announced Monday on Facebook. The group earlier said it would not attend the meeting.
National And World News
- Nelson Mandela funeral: What to expect
- And the top lie of 2013 goes to...
- World powers and Iran end nuclear talks
- Average American inheritance: $177,000
- China's first lunar probe to land on the moon
- Guard arrested in theft of Lakers rings
- Twitter restores blocking function after outcry
- Judge says giant cross must be removed
- Boehner not taking it anymore from right