(CNN) -- The suspected cyberattack that appeared to target South Korean banks and broadcasters Wednesday originated from an IP address in China, South Korea's Communications Committee said in a statement Thursday. The attack damaged 32,000 computers and servers of media and financial companies, the committee said. South Korean officials are analyzing the cause and are working to prevent any further damage, the committee said.
National And World News
- World mourns Mandela: 'We will always love Madiba'
- Nelson Mandela: 10 surprising facts
- Obama lights National Christmas Tree
- It's a wintry mess from SW to NE
- Report: American 'deported' from North Korea
- Former presidents to travel to Mandela memorial
- Someone bought a $100,000 Tesla with Bitcoins
- Suspected radiation poisoning patients released
- Report supports police response in Newtown