(CNN) -- The suspected cyberattack that appeared to target South Korean banks and broadcasters Wednesday originated from an IP address in China, South Korea's Communications Committee said in a statement Thursday. The attack damaged 32,000 computers and servers of media and financial companies, the committee said. South Korean officials are analyzing the cause and are working to prevent any further damage, the committee said.
National And World News
- Feds charge 18 Los Angeles County deputies
- Florida State's Winston among Heisman finalists
- Bride goes on trial for groom's fatal fall
- Senate approves gun screening bill
- Ukraine opposition office raided amid protest
- Treasury closes books on GM bailout
- Catholic college police officer kills student
- Bob Filner sentenced in assaults on women
- Man vs. machine: Who should be at the wheel?