(CNN) -- The suspected cyberattack that appeared to target South Korean banks and broadcasters Wednesday originated from an IP address in China, South Korea's Communications Committee said in a statement Thursday. The attack damaged 32,000 computers and servers of media and financial companies, the committee said. South Korean officials are analyzing the cause and are working to prevent any further damage, the committee said.
National And World News
- Judge says Arizona sheriff was profiling
- Holder involved in decision on reporter's emails
- Donations for Oklahoma top $20 million
- Oklahoma principals recall day tornado hit
- School district, student at odds over tweet
- 2 held after Pakistan-UK flight diverted
- Carrie Underwood donates $1 mil to Red Cross
- How safe is that bridge you're driving over?
- Florida gay teen rejects plea deal