(CNN) -- Ariel Castro, accused of raping and holding three women captive in Cleveland for close to a decade, has agreed to plead guilty to 937 counts in a deal that recommends he be sentenced to life -- plus at least 1,000 years -- in prison without opportunity for parole. The deal would let him avoid the death penalty and would spare the women from having to testify at a trial.
National And World News
- And the top lie of 2013 goes to...
- World powers and Iran end nuclear talks
- Average American inheritance: $177,000
- China's first lunar probe to land on the moon
- Guard arrested in theft of Lakers rings
- Several stabbed outside NFL football game
- Twitter restores blocking function after outcry
- Judge says giant cross must be removed
- Boehner not taking it anymore from right