(CNN) -- President Barack Obama said Tuesday he has "no tolerance" for sexual assault in the military and said that anyone who is committing the crime is betraying the military uniform. Obama's remarks come in response to a question about new Pentagon statistics suggesting a sharp uptick in the numbers of active duty servicewomen who may have experienced unwanted sexual contact, and the arrest on sexual battery charges of an Air Force officer whose job it was to prevent sexual assault.
National And World News
- It's a wintry mess from SW to NE
- 6 in hospital for suspect radiation poisoning
- Kerry sees hope of progress for Iran, Israel
- Progress in destruction of Syrian weapons
- World mourns Mandela: 'We will always love Madiba'
- GOP hits pause on Obamacare repeal
- US successfully launches drone from submarine
- Severe pollution hangs over Shanghai
- Unemployment rate falls to 5-year low