(CNN) -- Kurdish security forces late Saturday started allowing families fleeing violence in Mosul to enter the Kurdish sem-autonomous region, albeit with significant restrictions -- including security and background checks, as well as a requirement that those entering must have a sponsor living in the region -- Kurdish security officials said.
National And World News
- Ex-Penn State assistant coaches sue for $1M
- Costa Concordia sets sail on final voyage
- Who are Ukraine's pro-Russia rebels?
- White House revises contraception opt out
- Donald Sterling sues wife, NBA and commish
- Outsider beats insider in Ga. GOP primary runoff
- Police: Craigslist meet leads to Mich. deaths
- Ukraine: A Russian downed MH17
- Bloomberg flying to Israel to protest FAA ban