Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- Fight against Ebola is grossly underfunded
- Analysts seek match on jihadist's voice
- School officials liable in alleged rape?
- Boko Haram in talks over kidnapped girls
- Clemson students challenge sex survey
- 'Active' hunt for PA trooper slaying suspect
- Lawmakers: Judge in abuse case should resign
- New Zealand's National Party takes election
- North Korea: American wanted to be famous