Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- We stand with Ferguson, Holder says
- GAO: U.S. broke law in Bergdahl prisoner swap
- Sears more 'irrelevant by the day'
- Sotloff friends praise his talent, passion
- White House: No concessions to hostage takers
- Chief defends officers in fatal shooting
- What happens when you survive Ebola?
- Sprint undercuts T-Mobile by $20 a month
- More U.S. airstrikes on ISIS militants