Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- Peshmerga begin arriving at besieged Kobani
- Hawaii volcano: National Guard moves in
- Brittany Maynard: Waiting for 'right time' to die
- San Francisco Giants' win marred by shootings
- Christie to heckler: 'Sit down and shut up'
- Politicians live it up and have lobbyists pay
- 'Unusual' Russian flights concern NATO
- Jose Canseco accidentally shoots himself
- Why's the Ferguson police chief in hot water?