Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- ISIS appears to demand swap for Japanese man
- Hoax call connected to British prime minister
- Greek elections: Is Tsipras man of moment?
- 'Birdman' takes top SAG Award prize
- NY police: 2 dead in Manhattan Home Depot shooting
- 16 dead in protests marking Egypt revolution
- Close encounter with Pluto getting under way
- 'American Sniper' hauls in $200 million at box office
- Duke's Krzyzewski reaches 1,000 wins