Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- Quarantined nurse knocks Ebola policy
- Death toll as Lebanese army, militants clash
- Reconstructing the spree that left 2 deputies dead
- Grief over U.S.-Palestinian boy shot by IDF
- SpaceX ship returns from successful ISS mission
- Giants knot World Series at 2 games apiece
- N.Y. official: Ebola policy 'a real stunner'
- Ebola outbreak: Get up to speed
- U.S.: Palestinian-American killed by IDF