Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- Man charged in Kansas City highway shootings
- Wealthy investors flock to fine art funds
- Ukraine protesters defiant despite pact
- More details emerge, but still no jet
- Magnitude-7.2 quake strikes southern Mexico
- Ferry disaster: What's likelihood of finding survivors?
- Anger in S. Korea amplified by misinformation
- Pope Francis leads Good Friday service
- Man to face murder charge in 911 call killing