Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- Obama shakes hands with Raul Castro
- Senate enforces 'nuclear option,' OKs judge
- Train wreck raises questions about 'alerter'
- Texas woman pleads guilty to ricin letters
- Deep freeze fails to deter Ukraine protesters
- Winter weather snarls travel plans
- Leaders praise 'giant of history' Mandela
- NYC taxi calendar: My cabbie is a centerfold!
- New 'super roach' can survive in cold