Barak was visiting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, who noted how the Israeli defense chief announced his retirement from political life. Panetta praised Barak's "brilliant strategic mind" and "warrior heart."
National And World News
- Sandy Hook 911 calls reopen wounds
- Congressional leaders: Budget deal is close
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive material found
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's death
- Ohio State Patrol: Ariel Castro left notes, killed self
- Rockwell painting 'Saying Grace' brings record $46M
- 2M Facebook, Gmail, Twitter passwords stolen
- Dempsey: No troops in Afghan possible, but no withdrawal plans yet
- Autopsy: Walker died of 'traumatic and thermal injuries'