Published On: Sep 20 2012 08:57:34 AM CDT
Makes 12 Cookies
- 12 - 2 ½ - 3” diameter cookies
- 24 – crème filled cookies
- 1 cup frosting
- ½ cup toasted coconut or shredded wheat pulled apart
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 noses
- Black candy pearls or mini-chocolate chips
- Start with cookies – any kind about 2 ½ - 3” in diameter.
- Frost them.
- Next you need a full crème filled wafer and another cut about 2/3 of the way. Lucky you gets to each the other 1/3 leftover. If you want to make your hat a different color – Color Mist works real well on them if it’s a darker color. Put them on the frosting.
- Add the straw. I used Toasted Coconut but you can also use shredded wheat.
- Then add a face. I had candy eyes so I used them but you can also use mini-chocolate chips. For the nose, a cute little heart or daisy accent works well. For the mouth, I used black pearls but again, mini-chocolate chips would work too.