No one injured in house fire
An electrical issue is suspected to be the cause of a house fire on Zillmer Road in the Township of Manchester on Saturday morning.
The Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber says the home owners were preparing Thanksgiving dinner when they reported that a circuit breaker had tripped in the for the kitchen area. The circuit breaker was reset and a short time later, the owners could hear fire burning above the kitchen area in the attic.
When firefighters arrived on scene around 11:10 a.m., heavy smoke was coming from the eves and roof of the single-family home. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic area, but the home sustained smoke and water damage.
No one was injured. The American Red Cross was called to help the family.
Copyright 2012 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.