LA CROSSE, Wis. -

Two members of the La Crosse community compiled a book about the 150-year history of Cathedral of St. Joseph the Workman parish.

In the book, "A Landmark of Faith: 1893-2013" parishmembers Jean McDonnell and Mary Koller-Sperle document the early years of St. Joseph's parish and the development of the St. Joseph the Workman Cathedral.

The current Cathedral building at 530 Main Street in downtown La Crosse was dedicated in 1962. The original building was torn down in 1959 to make way for the current one.