Place all ingredients in food-safe plastic bag with steak for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly, warmed
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped, seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- When to marinate: For flavor only, marinate for 15 minutes to 2 hours. For tenderizing, marinate for at least 6 hours. Marinating longer than 24 hours can result in a mushy surface texture.
- Never save and reuse a marinade.