A southwest Iowa man has died after he was burned in the explosion of a 5-gallon can of gasoline.
Atlantic radio station KJAN reports that the accident occurred around 11:20 a.m. Friday in Lenox.
Lenox Police Chief Jon Huggins says 75-year-old James Wurster had been burning debris when fumes from the can ignited and it exploded. Wurster was showered by flaming gasoline.
Wurster was taken to a hospital in Corning and then flown to a hospital in Iowa City. Authorities say he died there about 3 a.m. Saturday.