Family, pets flee safely from central Iowa fire
A man says he and his family and pets have escaped unharmed from a fire that damaged their home in the central Iowa town of Coalville.
Homeowner Dan Hoover told The Messenger that he'd seen sparks from the chimney after he set a fire in the fireplace about 8:40 p.m. Sunday.
Firefighters from Otho and Duncombe kept the flames from spreading to the rest of the house.
Coalville sits a few miles southeast of Fort Dodge.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.