Coolant leak at Trane Company
Haz Mat finds no serious danger
A smoke alarm at Trane Company in La Crosse brings the fire department and the Haz Mat unit to the scene.
Early Friday evening crews responded to a smoke alarm in the building.
Upon entering, an overheated heating unit was discovered with lines feeding coolant into the unit rupturing and spilling an unknown fluid onto the floor.
The Haz Mat unit investigated and found the substance was no serious environmental or health danger.
Machinery was shut down and the spill was contained within the building.
No one was hurt.