Candle cause of Wis. fire that killed 3 children
Authorities say a candle in a bathroom apparently caused a Racine house fire last week that killed three children and injured a fourth.
Racine police released that update Monday.
Eight-year-old Dalijah Scott and 9-year-old Dayja Scott died Thursday when their house caught fire. Their brother, 7-year-old Michael Scott, died later in the hospital.
The children's 5-year-old brother, Luther Patterson, was hospitalized.
Authorities on Monday also released audio from the 911 call from the children's mother.
In the 911 call, Deborah Scott tells the dispatcher, "Someone come get my kids. My house is on fire. They are crying like crazy. I cannot get my kids out."
The Journal Times reports Scott said she could see flames but that the window where the children were located doesn't open.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.