DECORAH, Iowa (AP) - An 80-year-old Decorah man has claimed his $2 million Powerball prize.
Don Johnson claimed his prize Wednesday and said he'll use the money to pay for his wife's nursing home care.
The Iowa Lottery says Johnson picked five of the first six numbers in Saturday's drawing but missed the Powerball number. He'd added the Power Play to his ticket, so the $1 million prize for five numbers was doubled to $2 million.
The jackpot-winning ticket in Saturday's $131.5 million Powerball drawing was sold in Philadelphia.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather