DECORAH, Iowa (AP) - An 80-year-old Decorah man has claimed his $2 million Powerball prize.
Don Johnson claimed his prize Wednesday and said he'll use the money to pay for his wife's nursing home care.
The Iowa Lottery says Johnson picked five of the first six numbers in Saturday's drawing but missed the Powerball number. He'd added the Power Play to his ticket, so the $1 million prize for five numbers was doubled to $2 million.
The jackpot-winning ticket in Saturday's $131.5 million Powerball drawing was sold in Philadelphia.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota