LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local group is trying to get people fit by getting them to workout on the beach.
3 Rivers Nutrition hosts a one-hour "fit camp" every Saturday morning at Black River Beach Community Center. The four week body weight exercise challenge is being held on the Black River beach.
The idea of the camp is to get people in the coulee region healthy. All ages and fitness levels are encouraged to attend.
"It's really important to help people live a healthy, active lifestyle, so we really try to promote that," Ben Lasche, a personal health and wellness coach, said. "And I think when you have a group of people that are continuously getting together doing healthy active things, it's a lot easier to maybe get up off the couch and get out there and get active with other people.”
The classes will be held all summer long, weather permitting
- Viola man killed in Vernon County motorcycle accident
- Soccer tournament draws thousands of athletes
- Madison police change deadly force procedures
- Guard who dragged teen across floor gets bonus restored
- La Crosse Mayor, Shelby Town Board Chair present boundary agreement
- Volunteer organizes fundraiser for Onalaska Police Department's K-9 unit
- News 8 Sports Round Up-October 21, 2017
- Enchanted Forest gives kids chance to trick or treat early
- Meatball dinner to raise money for La Crosse Police Department's K-9 unit
- Altra Federal Credit Union hosts shred event