LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Riverfest announces 2017 Commodore and First Mate Wednesday.
Past Commodores of Riverfest selected Jeff and Andrea Wieser of La Crescent as the 2017 Commodore and First Mate, according to a press release.
The Wiesers were selected for their years of leadership in many La Crosse and La Crescent organizations and are both employed by their family business, Wieser Brothers General Contractor Inc. Jeff is Co-Owner. Andrea is Business Administrator, the release said.
As Commodore and First Mate, the Wieser's will represent Riverfest during the 2017-2018 year at area parades and activities.
The newest Commodore says he is excited to learn about the festivities from another perspective.
"So you're learning what Riverfest is about from a different aspect, not just going down there and having a place to go and entertain the kids and stuff. There's a lot of not-for-profit people that benefit from this festival,” said Jeff Wieser.
This year's Riverfest runs from June 30 through July 4 at Riverside Park, La Crosse.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently