OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - The crowd of 19,965 at the Big Ten tournament final between Indiana and Nebraska set an NCAA record for attendance at a conference baseball tournament game.
The tournament was played at TD Ameritrade Park, the home of the College World Series. Nebraska was the host, and its appearance in the championship game Sunday accounted for the big crowd.
Top-seeded Indiana defeated the No. 2-seeded Cornhuskers 8-4 to earn the Big Ten's automatic berth in the NCAA tournament.
The Big Ten tournament's five-day attendance was a conference-record 62,020 -- 10 times the total for the 2013 event held at Target Field in Minneapolis. The previous NCAA record for single-game attendance at a conference tournament was 17,860 for an Atlantic Coast Conference game between Florida State and North Carolina in 2005.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer