OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - The crowd of 19,965 at the Big Ten tournament final between Indiana and Nebraska set an NCAA record for attendance at a conference baseball tournament game.
The tournament was played at TD Ameritrade Park, the home of the College World Series. Nebraska was the host, and its appearance in the championship game Sunday accounted for the big crowd.
Top-seeded Indiana defeated the No. 2-seeded Cornhuskers 8-4 to earn the Big Ten's automatic berth in the NCAA tournament.
The Big Ten tournament's five-day attendance was a conference-record 62,020 -- 10 times the total for the 2013 event held at Target Field in Minneapolis. The previous NCAA record for single-game attendance at a conference tournament was 17,860 for an Atlantic Coast Conference game between Florida State and North Carolina in 2005.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather