Packaging can drive you crazy. Bags that don't reseal. Dispensers that don't reach everything. And bottles that drip. But Consumer Reports says these products offer a solution. In the kitchen, forget rummaging for a cleaner. Windex Touch-Up is designed to sit on the counter. A single tap gets you just the amount you need - nothing wasted. Tod Marks is Consumer Reports' packaging expert, and he's seen it all. Tod Marks "How tired are you of doing this? You see there's a straw on the bottom, and there's plenty of cleaner, but nothing's coming out!" Well … eureka! Clorox Clean-Up engineers came up with this simple solution - the "straw" goes down the side of the bottle to the very bottom, so you can reach every drop. Tod Marks "Boy, do we love it when things make sense." And when it comes to messy medicines with missing caps, Neosporin has a better idea. Neo to Go is a neat little dispenser that delivers a single dose. And it can't make a mess in your purse. Other packaging pluses - this Olivari olive oil has a no-drip spout that keeps the oil from dripping down the side. And this Better Oats oatmeal pouch saves you a step. Pour out the oats and fill to the water line. No measuring cup needed. And good news for Fido. His food won't go stale with this package from Hills. It has a Velcro close that keeps the bag shut tight. "Some of these products can cost more than the older version. But for added convenience, reduced waste, and reduced annoyance, can you really put a price on that?" ."
More On Your Side Stories
- a just-released Consumer Reports' survey found that 59 percent of people look for foods labeled "natural" when they shop. But Consumer Reports says it's essentially meaningless claim.
- With grilling season heating up, all kinds of gadgets promise to take your grill to a new level.
- Flying with a carry-on bag can save you fifty dollars or more per trip. No wonder sales are up.
- Summer is salad time, and supermarkets have shelf after shelf of salad dressings.
- If you think there's no such thing as free lunch, think again. There are lots of products you can get online without having to pay a cent.
- Consumer Reports tested polishes for its ShopSmart magazine to find the longest-lasting nail polishes.
- Consumer Reports ShopSmart checked out six popular tanning sprays and lotions to see if they offer a golden glow.
- Verizon, A-T-and-T, and T-Mobile now all offer cell-phone service without a two-year service contract.
- Consumer Reports has tested ways to help you keep your private info private.
- Why this could be the best time to buy a new grill!