Packaging can drive you crazy. Bags that don't reseal. Dispensers that don't reach everything. And bottles that drip. But Consumer Reports says these products offer a solution. In the kitchen, forget rummaging for a cleaner. Windex Touch-Up is designed to sit on the counter. A single tap gets you just the amount you need - nothing wasted. Tod Marks is Consumer Reports' packaging expert, and he's seen it all. Tod Marks "How tired are you of doing this? You see there's a straw on the bottom, and there's plenty of cleaner, but nothing's coming out!" Well … eureka! Clorox Clean-Up engineers came up with this simple solution - the "straw" goes down the side of the bottle to the very bottom, so you can reach every drop. Tod Marks "Boy, do we love it when things make sense." And when it comes to messy medicines with missing caps, Neosporin has a better idea. Neo to Go is a neat little dispenser that delivers a single dose. And it can't make a mess in your purse. Other packaging pluses - this Olivari olive oil has a no-drip spout that keeps the oil from dripping down the side. And this Better Oats oatmeal pouch saves you a step. Pour out the oats and fill to the water line. No measuring cup needed. And good news for Fido. His food won't go stale with this package from Hills. It has a Velcro close that keeps the bag shut tight. "Some of these products can cost more than the older version. But for added convenience, reduced waste, and reduced annoyance, can you really put a price on that?" ."
More On Your Side Stories
- Time to make health coverage choices
- Consumer Reports wanted to bring some science to the matter to find out just how much force it takes for the iPhone 6 to bend and not bend back.
- Tips on how to get the most money for the stuff you no longer need.
- BPA or bisphenol A has been banned by the Federal government because it's linked to serious health problems.
- Consumer Reports just put two dozen of the most popular brands and styles through rigorous wind, rain, and climate tests to find the best for your house.
- Walmart is known for value, some strategies to try when shopping the discount chain.
- Sales of portable generators spike every time the power gets knocked out, a good one can keep the basics running.
- Instead of Apple TV, Roku, or another set-top box for streaming video to your TV, consider a Blu-ray player.
- Consumer Reports tests car seats for kids to find the safest ones.
- Full-Sized pickups are notorious gas guzzlers but Consumer Reports has found some real winners.