Consumer Reports says the Samsung Galaxy S 4's large display is just one example of what Android phones bring to the table. "Another advantage Android phones offer is how easily they can wirelessly share pictures, videos, and other files, with other devices nearby." The Galaxy S 4 can also be used as a remote, not just for your television but for your cable box as well. The HTC One is another Android phone that stands out. Mike Gikas "There's a great deal of customization options when it comes to the software, the interface for example, there are widgets that you can customize and have the phone really appear just the way you want it." And its camera does a great job taking pictures in low-light situations with its unique image sensor. And that's not all. Mike Gikas "You can edit and share those pictures in ways that you can't even dream about on a regular camera." For example, the HTC One can automatically create a video from your photo and video library … complete with soundtrack. Android phones also have better displays than ever. Mike Gikas "They're often five inches or larger, they're high-definition, and that's good news if you're looking at photos, videos, or reading text on a Web page." That includes the brand-new LG Optimus G Pro. Its five-and-a-half-inch HD 10-80-P display almost makes you forget you're watching video on a phone, making it another Android recommended by Consumer Reports. .."
More On Your Side Stories
- Netflix vs. Amazon which is the better choice?
- How Rent-to-Own "deals" can bust your budget
- Consumer Reports tested dozens of grills -- and has found some real winners
- "Can you Hear me now"?
- Consumer Reports has just tested of Samsung's latest smartphone, the Galaxy S6
- Sunscreen is essential to guard against sunburn, skin damage and cancer
- Is Online Gift Wrap Worth It?
- Best Lawn Mowers
- Should You Buy a Mattress Online ?
- Safer Cars for Teens