Consumer Reports says the Samsung Galaxy S 4's large display is just one example of what Android phones bring to the table. "Another advantage Android phones offer is how easily they can wirelessly share pictures, videos, and other files, with other devices nearby." The Galaxy S 4 can also be used as a remote, not just for your television but for your cable box as well. The HTC One is another Android phone that stands out. Mike Gikas "There's a great deal of customization options when it comes to the software, the interface for example, there are widgets that you can customize and have the phone really appear just the way you want it." And its camera does a great job taking pictures in low-light situations with its unique image sensor. And that's not all. Mike Gikas "You can edit and share those pictures in ways that you can't even dream about on a regular camera." For example, the HTC One can automatically create a video from your photo and video library … complete with soundtrack. Android phones also have better displays than ever. Mike Gikas "They're often five inches or larger, they're high-definition, and that's good news if you're looking at photos, videos, or reading text on a Web page." That includes the brand-new LG Optimus G Pro. Its five-and-a-half-inch HD 10-80-P display almost makes you forget you're watching video on a phone, making it another Android recommended by Consumer Reports. .."
More On Your Side Stories
- Time to make health coverage choices
- Consumer Reports wanted to bring some science to the matter to find out just how much force it takes for the iPhone 6 to bend and not bend back.
- Tips on how to get the most money for the stuff you no longer need.
- BPA or bisphenol A has been banned by the Federal government because it's linked to serious health problems.
- Consumer Reports just put two dozen of the most popular brands and styles through rigorous wind, rain, and climate tests to find the best for your house.
- Walmart is known for value, some strategies to try when shopping the discount chain.
- Sales of portable generators spike every time the power gets knocked out, a good one can keep the basics running.
- Instead of Apple TV, Roku, or another set-top box for streaming video to your TV, consider a Blu-ray player.
- Consumer Reports tests car seats for kids to find the safest ones.
- Full-Sized pickups are notorious gas guzzlers but Consumer Reports has found some real winners.