Consumer Reports says the Samsung Galaxy S 4's large display is just one example of what Android phones bring to the table. "Another advantage Android phones offer is how easily they can wirelessly share pictures, videos, and other files, with other devices nearby." The Galaxy S 4 can also be used as a remote, not just for your television but for your cable box as well. The HTC One is another Android phone that stands out. Mike Gikas "There's a great deal of customization options when it comes to the software, the interface for example, there are widgets that you can customize and have the phone really appear just the way you want it." And its camera does a great job taking pictures in low-light situations with its unique image sensor. And that's not all. Mike Gikas "You can edit and share those pictures in ways that you can't even dream about on a regular camera." For example, the HTC One can automatically create a video from your photo and video library … complete with soundtrack. Android phones also have better displays than ever. Mike Gikas "They're often five inches or larger, they're high-definition, and that's good news if you're looking at photos, videos, or reading text on a Web page." That includes the brand-new LG Optimus G Pro. Its five-and-a-half-inch HD 10-80-P display almost makes you forget you're watching video on a phone, making it another Android recommended by Consumer Reports. .."
More On Your Side Stories
- Back-to-school shopping is the second biggest spending spree of the year, according to the National Retail Federation.
- 44 children died last year from heat stroke inside cars.
- Can you get away with spending less on laundry detergent?
- Consumer Reports tested a 20-dollar device that promises to unclog drains without caustic chemicals or a costly plumber visit.
- Who doesn't love ice cream, especially in the summer?
- a just-released Consumer Reports' survey found that 59 percent of people look for foods labeled "natural" when they shop. But Consumer Reports says it's essentially meaningless claim.
- With grilling season heating up, all kinds of gadgets promise to take your grill to a new level.
- Flying with a carry-on bag can save you fifty dollars or more per trip. No wonder sales are up.
- Summer is salad time, and supermarkets have shelf after shelf of salad dressings.
- If you think there's no such thing as free lunch, think again. There are lots of products you can get online without having to pay a cent.