Tax changes you need to know about

Published On: Mar 04 2013 10:29:41 AM CST   Updated On: Mar 05 2013 01:03:46 AM CST

Find out what changes you need to know about before filing your taxes this year.

Signing tax form, taxes, signature, money
5 / 12
iStock / Luevanos

Alternative Minimum Tax Relief -- The tax deal passed in January increased the the alternative minimum tax exemption for 2012 to $50,600 for single taxpayers (an increase of nearly $20,000) and $78,750 for married taxpayers filing jointly (an increase of more than $30,000). AMT relief will also be adjusted for inflation each year starting in 2012.

Upload Photos / Videos