Here's a look at What's for Dinner January 19, 2017:
Black Bean Quesadillas by Mayo Clinic Health System
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 2/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas, 12 inches in diameter
Heat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine the beans, zucchini, corn, red onion, cheese, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet to medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the pan to warm. Place half the bean mixture on one side of the tortilla and fold over to cover. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes then flip the quesadilla and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the other tortilla.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese has completely melted. Cut each quesadilla into 4 even slices and serve with your choice of condiments.
- Target says customers want it to pause the "Christmas creep"
- Volunteers carve 500 pumpkins
- Local entrepreneur brings new cooler to La Crosse
- Protesters 'take a knee' before Vikings game in Minneapolis
- Viola man killed in Vernon County motorcycle accident
- Soccer tournament draws thousands of athletes
- Madison police change deadly force procedures
- 9 people injured in crash in Fond du Lac
- Man killed, woman hurt in motorcycle vs. deer crash
- Saints recover late to topple Packers 26-17