"The entire process is quite involved, given that there are more than 3,100 passengers and nearly 1,100 crew, and this is compounded by the ship only operating on emergency power," he said.
More Travel News
- Top 10 destinations picked by travelers
- North Korea border town opens to tourists
- Airline flub: couple flown to wrong continent
- Return of the Dreamliner: 5 things to know
- 7 ways budget cuts will hit national parks
- A traveler's guide to eating insects
- Live large, pay small in Panama City
- Giant mechanical animals stalk theme park
- And the most satisfying airline is ...