(CNN) -- More than 600 flights were canceled Thursday at Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airports due to heavy rain in the region, the Chicago Department of Aviation said. Both airports reported delays of between 30 to 90 minutes after the metropolitan area experienced a deluge of nearly 7 inches of rain in a 24-hour period.
More Travel News
- Christmas on the estate: 6 grand houses
- South Africa's 'slum-themed' hotel slammed
- How to take pics with imaginary girlfriend
- Final boarding: DC-10's last passenger flight
- Delta: No special treatment for NCAA team
- Cell phones, weather may help plane search
- 15 lesser-known ski resorts for this winter
- Only in San Diego: 5 quirky things
- What can tourists expect in North Korea?