(CNN) -- The FAA has announced it will close 149 regional airport control towers because of forced spending cuts -- sparing 40 others. The FAA says it will begin a four-week phased closure of the 149 control towers beginning on April 7.
More Travel News
- North Korea border town opens to tourists
- Airline flub: couple flown to wrong continent
- Return of the Dreamliner: 5 things to know
- 7 ways budget cuts will hit national parks
- A traveler's guide to eating insects
- Live large, pay small in Panama City
- Giant mechanical animals stalk theme park
- And the most satisfying airline is ...
- Airlines collect $6 billion in fees