Here's a look at What's for Dinner February 8, 2017:
Pecan-Crusted Tofu by Mayo Clinic Health System
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 15 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 5 planks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Heat the oven to 400 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a food processor, combine the pecans, flour, brown sugar and salt; process until an even texture is achieved. Remove pecan mixture from food processor and place in a medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the egg whites. Dip each tofu plank into the egg whites, then into the pecan mixture. Place each plank on the baking sheet. Bake the tofu planks for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
To prepare the sauce, in a small bowl combine the honey, Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Stir until smooth. Drizzle sauce over baked tofu right before serving.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire