Here's a look at What's for Dinner March 20, 2017:
Baked Macaroni with Red Sauce by Mayo Clinic Health System
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 box (7 ounces) whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (15 ounces) reduced-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
In a nonstick frying pan, cook ground beef and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain well.
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
Add the cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce to the meat and onions. Stir to mix evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake until bubbly, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Divide the macaroni among individual plates. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers