Here's a look at What's for Dinner March 20, 2017:
Baked Macaroni with Red Sauce by Mayo Clinic Health System
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 box (7 ounces) whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (15 ounces) reduced-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
In a nonstick frying pan, cook ground beef and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain well.
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
Add the cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce to the meat and onions. Stir to mix evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake until bubbly, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Divide the macaroni among individual plates. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law