Here's a look at What's for Dinner March 20, 2017:
Baked Macaroni with Red Sauce by Mayo Clinic Health System
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 box (7 ounces) whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (15 ounces) reduced-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
In a nonstick frying pan, cook ground beef and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain well.
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
Add the cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce to the meat and onions. Stir to mix evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake until bubbly, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Divide the macaroni among individual plates. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans